Sunday 4 January 2015

Hello 2015!


'My goal in 2015 is to accomplish the goals of 2014 which I should have done in 2013 because I made a promise in 2012 and planned in 2011'. 

First things first, happy new year!

Now I'm not normally one to make resolutions because I'm one of those who think it doesn't have to be a new year to do so, but a few things came to mind over the past week and I thought, why not?


1. Be more active

Now this doesn't necessarily mean do more exercise (though this is definitely on the list too), but it's more in regards to being more pro-active and 'out there'. In 2014 I did a series of things that were definitely out of my comfort zone and every time I did this, I was always rewarded. I got my internship, I secured a position in my university Engineering student society, and a few other little bits and pieces.

Another part of being active is learning to cook. It's no secret I'm no chef, but this year, I'm determined. Living away from home, people are always asking where I get food from in response to my 'I don't cook'. Take-away and eating out is always good and is definitely one of my most favourite things to do being such a foodie; but it's time to expand my housewifery and pick up a wooden spatula. As a first step, I cooked teriyaki chicken for my family tonight who just returned to Sydney from a holiday in New Zealand (recipe and photos to come :p).

Something I have recently come to understand is that you have to grab opportunities, not wait for them to come along. Ya snooze, ya lose. 


2. Have nicer skin 

Out of my whole family, I'm the only one with partly oily skin. Being this skin type, I'm quite prone to acne, especially in hot, humid weather (yay for the summertime). To be honest, I've only in the past year really cared about my skin and moisturising and taking care of it. Previously, I used products my mum or sisters used out of convenience, and have always had to be forced into facials because I couldn't stand the pain. But because I have quite a different skin type to them, the products they were using didn't really work for me.

After realising this, I decided to look for a product that suited me, which is when I found Kiehl's. Kiehl's is a New York based company that use naturally derived ingredients in their products. I also really love them because they have an oil-free range. I use their cleanser, toner and moisturiser - in that order :)


No trip to Singapore would be complete without a stop at Sephora in Takashimaya on Orchard Road. One of the things I like to pick up are their face masks, sold singly or in packs of five. The reason I really like them is because they're so refreshing and easy to use! You literally rip open the packaging, unfold the mask and place it on your face. I like to keep my masks in the fridge for an extra refreshing feeling. Sephora, recently opening in Sydney, makes it waaaaay easier to keep stock of these (perfect for resolution #2)



As for other parts of my body, my absolute love is L'Occitane en Provence as their almond milk collection is seriously to die for. Seriously. It just smells so. damn. good.
I use their body cream, and always carry an almond milk hand cream in my bag, and lip balm which I find works really well and keeps my lips moist.



3. Drink more water

This one also ties in with having nicer skin. I've never been one to drink water, simply because I like the taste of green tea and well, anything other than it, much more. Drinking water helps to hydrate your skin, and is of course very beneficial health wise as it does make up about 60% of our body; so this is an obvious resolution #3.


Here's to 2015 being better than the last :))

No comments:

Post a Comment