Friday 16 January 2015

Recipe #1 of 2015 - Teriyaki Chicken

So as I mentioned in my previous post, cooking is one of my 2015 resolutions and can I just say, I think I'm off to a pretty good start ;)

Upon returning to Sydney from a 2 week holiday in New Zealand, I decided to cook dinner for my family as with a 1 year old toddler, eating out may be difficult and tiring, especially after just getting home from the airport. I searched my brain of things to cook as my cooking skills are (currently) very limited.

I decided I was going to cook something Asian as my parents aren't big fans of Western food. Back home in Indonesia, there is a famous Japanese restaurant that serves the most delicious teriyaki chicken (apart from mine :p) and for some reason, that afternoon I was really craving for it so decided to try the recipe out. To serve with the teriyaki chicken I also cooked up some butter mushrooms (literally just cooking mushrooms in butter and adding a touch of salt - gosh I sound like a chef already) and freshly sliced cucumber (don't ask me why, I just felt like it).






How To Make Delicious Finger-licking Crispy Teriyaki Chicken 101: 

(Serves 6) 

Ingredients
3/4 cup kikkoman sweet soy sauce
3/4 cup mirin
3/4 cup sake
6 tablespoons of sugar
6 teaspoons of corn flour
6 tablespoons of water
6-8 pieces of boneless, skin-on chicken thighs

Method
1. Combine the soy sauce, mirin, sake and sugar in a pot and bring to a boil
2. Mix the corn flour and water in a separate bowl and whisk. Add it to the soy sauce and continue to cook until a desired thickness is reached
3. Pan fry the chicken, skin down for approximately 30 minutes. No oil is required to do so as the oil from the chicken is more than enough. Once a golden crisp colour is achieved, flip and cook to the other side until the chicken is cooked through. Slice the chicken ready to serve and voila!






x E




No comments:

Post a Comment